Charles Dew Miller and the Miller Bros.
The Miller Brothers were established in the early 1870's, the early partners being Charles Dew Miller and his brothers, George Woodville Miller, and Richard William Bentley Miller. George Woodville Miller is recorded as having retired on the 1st February 1886. Charles Dew Miller died on the 17th April 1899 and, at the time of his death, he was described as the senior partner in Miller Brothers and a member of the Court of
Miller Brothers established a limited liability company in 1904, styled Miller Brothers (London) Ltd. The first directors were recorded as Daniel Finniswood Miller, William Charles Miller, R.W.B. Miller, and Alfred Miller. 1904 also saw the company relocate to Bentley House, 16 & 18, Beak Street, Regent Street, London W.
By 1907 they had opened a Paris branch located at Rue Bleue. In 1916, Frank Rabbidge and Charles Smith were appointed directors. In 1925 the firm moved again, this time to 4 - 7 Greville Street, Hatton Garden, one of London’s jewellery
The Miller Brothers entered three marks with the Chester Assay Office and six marks with the London Assay Office, as follows: 'CM' (Charles Dew Miller) contained within an oblong punch with clipped corners, on the 17th October 1887, another similar on the 6th February 1893. On the 30th July 1901, they entered a mark 'M.BROS',contained within an oblong punch with clipped corners, and another similar, in three sizes, on the